The world of open access is a fast-changing environment, but it seems especially so in 2018. Both the newly formed UKRI and the Wellcome Trust are reviewing their OA policies and it seems barely a week goes by without a new development or report, culminating in the announcement of Plan S.
As part of Open Access Week 2018 we are publishing a series of briefing papers that we hope will inform discussions and debate around the future of open access in the UK.
The full list is below and we’ll add links as they are released:
- Considering the implications of the Finch Report [Web] [PDF]
- Alternatives to green and gold for journal articles and conference papers [Web] [PDF]
- Fixing the repository landscape [Web] [PDF]
- The potential of global identifiers [Web] [PDF]
- OA monographs in the UK [Web] [PDF]
Over on the main Jisc blog, Bill Hubbard will be giving an overview of how our open access services support this year’s theme of “Designing Equitable Foundations for Open Knowledge”.
We’ve also revamped our open access landing page – we hope you like it!