The RIOXX Guidelines and Application Profile provide a mechanism to help institutional repositories comply with the RCUK policy on open access. Some of the required metadata is also relevant to the REF. RIOXX was developed in close cooperation with RCUK and its adoption is strongly encouraged. Jisc has funded the development of an EPrints plugin designed to simplify the process of achieving RIOXX compliance.
The final version of the EPrints RIOXX plugin is now available for general use and reflects the current version of the RIOXX Application Profile. It can be installed from the EPrints Bazaar or from GitHub.
The RIOXX 2.0 plugin for EPrints allows you to:
- Capture additional metadata required by the RIOXX 2.0 Application Profile (http://rioxx.net/v2-0-final/)
- Measure compliance across your EPrints repository
- Expose RIOXX 2.0 compliant XML records via OAI-PMH, for consumption by Funders and Governing bodies
Institutions in the UK may choose to install the plu-in themselves or, if help is required, we are funding the following organisations to provide technical help:
- EPrints Services for repositories hosted by EPrints Services
- ULCC for EPrints repositories hosted by ULCC
- Peter West of Digital Repository Services for EPrints repositories that are hosted by institutions themselves.
Jisc is also funding the development of a RIOXX application for DSpace. This is being done by @MIRE. More information on this will be announced in due course.
Questions about RIOXX should be addressed to Sheridan Brown in the first instance.
1 reply on “RIOXX 2.0 plugin for EPrints ready to install ”
Thank you very much for the news, it was very interesting and informative.